Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hooka anyone?


I went out with my friend Mallory last night. For those of you who don't know the Mallory story, I'll give you the brief version. Mallory and I have lived the same life but haven't met until recently. She grew up in LaJunta and we were in the same dance class when we were 3. She dated my cousin in high school and her best friend was the same girl that was my best friend in kindergarden. She went to CSU, where we had classes in the same building and knew the same people. After school, she moved to Denver where we hung out at the same places and she lived in the same apartment complex as a friend of mine. She moved to Nashville to get into the music industry and my cousin suggested she call me. Thus- we became friends.
Anyway, last night we went out with some friends of hers. We ended up at a Hooka Bar of all places! For those of you who have never done it, it is like inhailing flavored steam. It isn't really smoky at all, and there is very little tobacco in it. It was a fun new experience, and they had a belly dancer there and everything. I don't know that it is something I would do every week, but at least I can say I know what it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a hooka bar in pueblo. did you know that?

Nancy B said...

Really? Have you been?