Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lawn Mower Girl



Yesterday I did something that I have never done before- mow the lawn! Since Patrick has been gone, the lawn has gotten pretty long. Dad cut it for me last week when he was here, but it rains so much here that it is tall again within a few days. I was nervous to try it, but it actually wasn't that hard. I rather enjoyed it! I was pretty proud of myself right up until I broke the lawn mower. It just stopped working in the middle of the back yard. I checked the gas- that wasn't it. I called the neighbor over and he couldn't figure out what was wrong either- so he finished mowing it for me. Ah- what is that saying- no good deed go unpunished. Yeah, that's me. At least I tried. When I told Patrick that I broke the lawn mower he said I didn't have to mow the lawn anymore. Maybe that's for the best!

2 comments:

Hoban Family said...

You make me laugh! I have never mowed a lawn either and I think Jake is just fine with that. I did, however drill holes in the wall and hung up a valance in Giuliana's room. It's still up there too! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? You've never mowed a lawn before? Where the heck where you the summer that Fred and I mowed lawns? That totally sucked. I can't even count how many lawns I've mowed.