Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The day is here

Dear Lord:
Give me the strength to say goodbye. Hold back the tear in my eye.
Cure my insomnia so that I may sleep alone. Give me a reason to awake when I've none.
Dear Lord:
Please help me pace myself. Allow me to turn to you for help,
And please let me be strong for him, Even if I've reached the brim.
Dear Lord:
Please make time go fast. I don't know how long I can last.
This is the hardest time of my life, But this is my job: the soldier's wife.
Dear Lord:
Let them all stay strong. Give them the will to go on,
And Lord, Please bring back all our men. In the name of our country. Amen.

~By Leanne Thomas~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord, Let the the time go by fast, so you can continue your happy life together at last.

Dear Lord, bring Patrick back safe and sound, cause it's pretty cool having him around!

Hurry home Patrick! Be safe. Be strong. Be safe. Be safe. Oh yeah, did I mention, be safe!!!!

Melanie said...

Nancy - I hope that the time goes quickly for you guys. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
I am so glad I got to meet Patrick and see you again. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Hang in there and let me know what goodies he likes so I can send him something.
Gina

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say...that doesn't happen that often to me.

Just know that when you are feeling low there are many, many people just waiting to try to cheer you up.

Dad

Hoban Family said...

We hope that the next 15 months goes by swiftly. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.