Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Five things you're grateful for

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Aside from the normal things we are all grateful for (family, friends, freedom, health etc.) I want to know about the five random things that you are grateful for on this Thanksgiving. Please leave a comment and let me know what you say thanks for everyday.

Me:
So many things to be thankful for- but these are the random things were top of mind:

1. Starbucks. This should not surprise anyone. I don't know how I would exist without my grande' non-fat no foam 1 equal latte everyday. Starbucks is also grateful for me because they get lots of my money.
2. Food Network. I don't watch that much television- but I do love the Food Network. I could watch it all day. Not that I am a great cook or anything- I just have this weird obsession with watching others do it.
3. Heated car seats! The Fusion has them and I love them so much that I will never buy a car without them again. I turn them on even in the summer because they make my back and butt feel all toasty. Everyone loves good toasty buns right?!

4. Multi-colored Sharpie markers- nothing makes me more happy than writing with a fine-tip sharpie marker in lime green. Everything seemes to have a nicer message when written in a rainbow of bright colors. Sometimes I even go crazy and use several colors at once! Whoa.

5. Spray on food- Butter spray, salad dressing spray- Genious! I love it! Why use a knife when you can just SPRAY! So what if it is full of ingredients that you can not say let alone identify. It is spray on food- what is better than that?!

So what are yours?

9 comments:

Hoban Family said...

I doubt you want 5 but I will give them to you anyway.
1. Disposable diapers.
2.Wireless Internet (how else can you have dueling lap tops in bed?)
3.Sears photo center, those guys can make the chubbiest parents look okay holding their adorable kids!
4.Starbucks, because it belongs on everyone's list!
5.Blogger. :)

Nancy B said...

Thanks Anna! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

ONLY 5!! Well, here goes.
1. Chocolate...as in cake, frosting, brownies, donuts, Russell Stover, Hostess cupcakes, Easter bunnies, Valomilks, Hershey bars,Three Musketeers Mint, New Reese'e whipped candy bars, chocolate covered cherries...well, you get the point.
2. My Rykas. I love my shoes. Do they love me?
3. My pedometer, accurate to within steps. My constant companion. A gift from Charley back in about 1988 or 89.
4. Pennies. I call them my "Grandma Pearl pennies". Finding one always makes me smile.
5. Friday and Sunday drives, destination unknown. Only requirements are Charley, a 1994 red/orange Ford Ranger, full gas tank and full cooler.

Anonymous said...

I came up with a few. Yes, I'm copying you on a couple, but darn it, I'm thankful for them too!

1. Sharpies. I have more than I can count. I also think that everything is better when written with a big, colorful, permanent marker.

2. Heated car seats in small Focus. I don't have to warm up my car or scrape windows because the seat makes me warm and the car heats up fast enough that I only have to deal with cold for a few blocks.

3. Juice. I love juice. Orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple banana orange juice. I love it like mom loves chocolate.

4. Curbside mailboxes or mailboxes on fences. I don't like going into yards, so I get super excited when I don't have to. Along with this, I'm thankful for dogs that are obviously secure behind fences. I don't like dogs running out after me.

5. Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for socks and comfy underwear! I love a pair of clean white anklet socks and cotton bras and panties. No under wire, no cutesy little panties, just comfort here!

Anonymous said...

1. Skin. It's totally cool. A barrier between your innards and the outside. And, it regenerates itself! So cool.

2. Swings. John and I have just as much fun playing on swings as Ava does. You can't help but smile when your on a swing.

3. While I'm doing things that start with the letter S, how about a swiffer? Love those. Makes cleaning the floors a snap!

4. Photographs. They are priceless.

shoot, I only have time for 4. Our laptop battery is about to die, and I want John to do this too!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

1. Pets. They are always there for you when you need them.

2. Tag. It is a great game and has stood the test of time.

3. Movies. No matter what you can lose yourself for a couple of hours.

4. Laughs. They are a sound that never grows old.

5. Snow. Snowballs, forts, skiing, sledding, it is good for so many things.

John C.

Anonymous said...

My last one--

The fact that my daughter thinks I'm funny. I know she won't always feel that way, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is late.
1. A new baseball. When I was growing up we played with old baseballs that had many layers of black tape on them. I never got over the great feeling I got when I got a new ball.
2. My old 1994 Ranger with 203 thousand miles. We have had it so long and been to so many fun places in it it's like an old friend.
3. ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports Net, etc. Not for sports news; Most of the reporters think they are the stars, but for all the games they bring to TV.
4. Dare Devil fishing lures. They'll catch anything.
5. Pizza Madness pizza. Best in Silvercliff or Colorado for that matter.

Anonymous said...

Others have taken a bunch of mine; chocolate, a drive to nowhere and dogs (pets). So I'll add mine rather randomly.

1. Jefferson, Gilpin and Clear Creek counties for building and maintaining 'my road-course' - when I'm going nowhere.

2. Wikipedia - because EVERYONE knows more than ANYONE. Or at least more than me.

3. Grape-, Barley-, Hop- and Coffee-bean growers of the world. Without them, what the hell would I drink (but only after I drive in the mountains)?

4. The 16th Street Mall - a never-ending source of entertainment at pretty much every hour of every day (or night).

5. The Rocky Mountains right outside our windows everyday. Just point and shoot another picture postcard.