Thursday, November 29, 2007

A note from Patrick

Hello everybody. It's the 28th of November and I am writing you from Baghdad, Iraq. I just want to let everyone know that I am doing very well. I am staying very busy. This deployment so far has been great. I am working on the Squadron staff which is usually just officers. Today I finished my first big project for my unit and it has been received with great remarks. I was promoted to Corporal yesterday and am now officially an NCO. I should pin my Segeants stripes on at the end of Dec. Its complicated why I did not get them this month, I just have to say points and those of you that served know what I mean. I will try to post more often to give updates on how it is over here. It is finally getting cold. I say cold and I mean 40s at night but when you have to walk everywhere you go its chilly. Well I have to get back to it. Thanks for reading our blog.

Patrick

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Patrick!! I'm happy to hear that everything is going good for you over there. We think about you all the time and hope that you are happy and safe. Enjoy the "cold" since summer will be miserable! :op

What do you want for Christmas? I need to get a package off to you soon so you will get it for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sergeant-Promotable. You are obviously a valued member of your team in Iraq. And you're clearly missed my everyone on your team stateside. Love, Dad

Gail said...

So very very good to hear from you Patrick. That made our day, our week and even our whole month! Congratulations on your promotion and Doug said it best...you are valued and missed by all here. Wish we could wrap up Nancy and Sassy and send them to you as a Christmas present. Please write often. We love you and God be with you always.

Anonymous said...

Wow Patrick, you really have a lot of people that love you. Your service for us will not be forgotten and we here in the states are grateful for you and others like you. Please stay safe and have a speedy tour.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks and blessings to you Patrick. Hmmmm, I wonder if Gail would share her chocolate donuts with you.