Friday, March 14, 2008

Family Ties



Many people, including myself, have commented that Patrick doesn't really look like either of his parents. I struggled to find the family resemblance on both the Baird or Martinez families for awhile- that is, until I saw this picture. This is a side by side picture that I framed for Patrick's Grandpa Pat for his birthday. Grandpa Pat was born on March 17th, and named Patrick (or Patricio in Spanish) after Saint Patrick. My Patrick, was named after him. They both served in the Army and have similar temperaments. One thing you can't see is the widow's peak- Grandpa Pat has the same one as Patrick hidden under that hat! Hopefully he will like his gift- I liked putting it together for him.

3 comments:

Hoban Family said...

Wow! They really look alike and that is a wonderful gift.

Anonymous said...

That's a great gift ..... for each of them. Those two have always had a very deep bond. They'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Very very nice. Hope that Patrick got to see it on your blog and I hope you had a wonderful time in El Paso, sombrero shopping and all.
Mom