Sunday, September 13, 2009

The freshest Colorado Chilies.....

...here in Tennessee! These were only picked on Thursday and Mom sent these to us yesterday. We probably have fresher chilies all the way out here in The South than most Coloradoans are buying them at home. As you can see, we do have quite a few, so I have been spending the day roasting them. I have also already made green chili and chili rellenos. We have been without them since last winter, so we have both been really dying for some Colorado Mexican cooking. I must say, this white girl can make rellenos and chili to rival anyone south of the border! Now, if only I had a mexican stomach that could handle all of it I would be fine. As of now, I take mine with a side of Tums, oooh but it's so worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are a beautiful thing! Bring on those rellenos...we can handle them!
Mom