Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Retail Mystery #3


Now this one really pisses me off. Retail mystery #1 and #2 are just kind of quirky, interesting things people do in stores- funny, annoying- but not really harmful. Retail mystery #3, however, really shows how selfish and dishonest people can be. Picture this: A lady goes into a grocery store and sees that a gallon of milk cost $2.98. She then goes up to the cashier and says "I bought a gallon of milk here three months ago and I paid $3.14 so I need you to adjust my receipt because it's on sale now." Now that's just crazy right? Now what about this one- same lady goes up to the cashier and says "I have a coupon at home for this toothpaste I promise for .50 off, can't you just give me that price?" Yeah, pretty ridiculous right? So you would never do this at the grocery store, so why do people think they can do it at a regular shop? I have had people try to bring in merchandise that they bought months ago because they have a coupon NOW and they really want me to adjust it and give them the difference. If they had bought it yesterday and its on sale today that's one thing, but buying something in June and wanting the cheaper price in December after you have worn it several times is a totally different thing! Are you serious people??!! As if it isn't poor character enough to ask for exceptions, some people even have the nerve to try to justify it by saying "come on it doesn't come out of your pocket." IT DOESN'T???? No, I guess it doesn't LITERALLY come out of my pocket, but you cheating the system hurts me plenty. If 4 customers did that a day for an average of a $30 loss per customer x 400 stores x 365 days that is $17,520,000 in a year that's lost to the company. Yes I am serious! Don't you think that if the company had an extra 17mil I might get a better raise? Don't you think that would keep people from being laid off? Don't you think that would allow for more payroll and supplies to run stores with? So how exactly does you cheating the system not affect me? I know that all the good honest people out there reading my blog don't steal. I'm not friends with people of poor character. I just had to get this out there because it really bothers me. This is not the spirit of Christmas! It really isn't all about the gifts and the good deals! It is about humanity, love, and the savior baby Jesus. Is that so easy to forget? Christmas should bring out the best in people not the worst! So-in order to restore my faith that the Christmas spirit isn't lost, I need you to please leave me a comment and tell me how you have blessed someone else's life this Christmas season. I want to see that people are really keeping the spirit of the season in their hearts and not just fussing with the trivial things. (Like coupons- that they don't have!)
Please share your story- I think we all need to hear it!

Here's one from me- Today I had a good one. I was waiting on one person who had a 30% off coupon that she printed from her email. The lady next to her (which I had already given a 15% off coupon to by the way because she was whining) then started insisting that she had a 30% off one at home too and wanted the 30% off instead. I told her she was really taking advantage of me and that she should feel bad about being dishonest. She then demanded several boxes- and then set off the door alarm. Good thing? I didn't kill her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are funny! I love your story about spreading good. I couldn't stop laughing!!

My good thing...we took the dogs to Petsmart to have pics with Santa on Sunday. I had a great time. Fred and dogs did not. The good thing about my story also includes lack of murder! :o)

Anonymous said...

I saw a cat this morning and didn't kick it.

Dad

Anonymous said...

DAD!!!