Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Holiday update

Well well- haven't heard from me in a while have you? Well- that's not my fault. I have tried and tried to post some things from Christmas on this blog, but have had not luck with getting it to download! I will try again today and perhaps be a little more patient before getting frustrated and shutting the computer down. Anyway- here is how the holidays rolled out:

Chrismas Eve I surprised my family by showing up in Colorado. I was there through the early morning of the 27th and had the best time. I was able to see all of my relatives (except for Uncle Mike) while I was there and I really enjoyed getting to visit with everyone. One highlight of Christmas was getting to see Patrick on CNN. If you haven't looked at in on the internet yet you really should. He makes me so proud!
Now, by far the best gift I got this Christmas was a nephew!!! Jackie and Fred are having a baby in May! Patrick and I are so excited to be the cool aunt and uncle who spoil the crap out of this kid. We already decided he can come visit us for high school and college spring break and we'll buy him beer and show him a good time! I think Jackie might already be regretting their decision to make us God Parents! I can't wait!

Back in Tennessee on the 27th to face all the after Christmas retail craziness. It is the hardest couple of days because you are working really hard but you can't sell enough things to combat the returns and exchanges so you don't have anything to show for it at the end- other than a seriously messy store. All and all though we had a great holiday season and beat all of our numbers from last year. I am looking forward now to a few quiet days...

I was planning on going back to Colorado for the New Year-but difficulty with my flights is preventing that. I am disappointed to not see my friends, who I didn't get to see during Christmas, but I will be out again at the end of the month, so hopefully I will get to see everyone then. I will miss my parents New Year's party, but I know a fun time will be had by all and there will be plenty of food and drink- so I'm not worried.
As for Sassy and I- we are sleeping and internet shopping on the New Year. We might go to the grocery store too if we get really ambitious. It is actually nice to just stay in one place for awhile. I have a few days off from work so now that I won't be traveling I think I will use them to catch up on things that went by the wayside during the business of December- such as the laundry ; ( I have lots of resolutions this New Year- one of which is to be more organized- so no time like today to start.

I hope you all had a very wonderful holiday season. Best of luck in 2008- Patrick, Sassy and I wish you all the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were telling a fib and going to surprise everyone again, but now that I see this post, I guess I believe you. :o( See you in a few weeks! Tell Sassers HI!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the Stock Show more than ever!
Mom

Kristin said...

Wow, congrats to Jackie and Fred! How exciting! Hope to see you later this month.
Kristin