Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Whats Going On?

Hey,

It is the second of January of 2008. It seems unreal that it is already 08 when the Y2K buzz seems like yesterday. We had a pretty uneventful New Years here at the base nothing all that crazy happened which is good and honestly if anything did happen I probably couldn't tell you anyway. My buddies and I smoked cigars and dreamt about being home and all the things we can't wait to do. As you can read the post below I am now a SGT a Non Commissioned Officer. It is a huge step forward in the military and I am truly proud to be known as a leader of men. I heard Nancy was unable to make it to Denver, so all of those who read this from back home sorry you missed her. I would like to say congratulations to the Baca's, hopefully I can hold out on coming home till the due date. The Titans made it to the playoffs, of course I have to be 21 and a million miles away so I don't get to enjoy the Nashville buzz that I am sure is going on. Things here are good, has not rained yet but I imagine within the next few weeks it will downpour. We are all waiting on the Pres. to sign the bill already, we need that money. I do appreciate the packages that everyone has sent, that definitely helps morale. I work with a Captain and he is always jealous when I get a package and he doesn't, which that turns out to be like every other day. Well take care all, I should write soon.
Dueces
Patrick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy, on this blog send out the names of some of your buddies who aren't getting packages and I'd bet they'll get showered with stuff. It's a shame that some guys and gals get nothing from a grateful nation. Captains in war zones need morale boosters, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick, it is good to hear from you. We wish you could have been here for Christmas and New Years. You were defiantly in our thoughts. Do you think that you will be able to come home around D-day? When it gets closer, let us know and I'll try to hold out for you! hehe! :o)

Anonymous said...

Gsil said...
So good to hear from you, and Congratulations on your promotion. You have accomplished so much and we are all proud of you. I have watched the CNN video probably 30 some times. Everytime someone comes over, I bring them to the computer room to show them your video and the Christmas video when Jackie and Fred surprised us with the baby news. So you are a brand new sergeant and a brand new god father. Those really are reasons to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Opps, that was supposed to say "Gail said..." not Gsil. I really do know how to spell my name!