Friday, September 19, 2008

Out of Gas in Nashville

Panic struck the city today and people discovered there was no gas to be found ANYWHERE in the area. People were talking about it at work and Doug called me to make sure I had gas to get home. Luckily I had enough, but I passed several cars on the side of the road that didn't. I thought Pleasant View for sure would have some since we are further from town, but I got here only to discover there apparently isn't gas for like a 100 mile radius of the city. Hmm. Bummer. My car only has about 100 miles left before empty, so I will be able to get to work and back tomorrow, but after that I might be screwed. Hopefully the town gets more before it turns really ugly. Do you all see now why I want a Vespa so bad?! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a Schwinn?

Dad

Anonymous said...

Vespa reminds me of Space Balls. Princess Vespa. Nancy. Wants Vespa. Princess Nancy. Ahh! The connection is complete!

Anonymous said...

PS-how does a city that size run out of gas?

Nancy B said...

Hell if I know. My car is on 0 miles till empty! I drove it 5 miles on that even! No gas to be found in the area : ( Doug and I will have to go searching tomorrow in his car with the gas can or mine isn't leaving the garage!