Sunday, September 07, 2008

Pikes Peak Challenge

                    Ain't no mountain high enough! 
                    Ain't no valley low enough!
                    Ain't no river wide enough! 
                    To keep Mom from getting through it babe!

My mom did an amazing fete yesterday- she climbed Pikes Peak! Thirteen miles of high altitude hiking to get to the top. Many people try, but few finish. This was her first try and it only took her about 9 hours to do it! I am so proud of her I can't even find the words. I certainly don't know if I could do it, and I'm sure there certainly aren't many other 55 year olds in the world that could do it either! Way to go mom! How was the view from the top?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breath taking....literally BREATH TAKING!! It was harder than I thought it would be. When I got to the top, all I could do was cry. I was so overwhelmed. I couldn't believe I had made it.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Iron Woman! You're an inspiration to our generation. Thanks for making the rest of us look like slugs. But perhaps you've inaugurated a NEW family tradition; Pikes Peak Climb!

Anonymous said...

Wow Gail, you really are amazing! You are an inspiration.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

"There is a fine line between Hard Ass and dumb ass" Quote by Joe Duenas"

She made it! That makes her a Hard Ass. I knew that all along.

Dad