Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Do it yourself!


It has taken me over a month and a half to pick out the perfect color of draperies for the house- which is pretty bad considering I am only putting them in two rooms. I bought some, got them home, took them back, bought some more, brought them home, took them back....you get the picture. Anyway, I finally found the color combinations that I liked, and the only thing left to do was put up the rods. I have been planning on putting them up for a few weeks now, but it seems like things keep coming up on my days off and it doesn't get done. Well, I decided that today was the day. I was excited for Patrick to come home from work so he could help me (a.k.a. do all the work while I watched). When Patrick came home, all he wanted to do was go to bed because he still isn't feeling well. Boo! What was a girl to do? I decided I could just do it myself. I found the drill and figured out (sort of) how the thing worked and I put them up by myself! I was proud and I don't think I did too bad of a job! Here is the guest bedroom- I only got this one done because Patrick was sleeping in ours, but now that I know I can do it, I will probably do that room on Friday. Next I plan on learning how to use a chain saw- there's no stopping me now that I discovered the love of power tools!

1 comment:

Hoban Family said...

Great Job Nancy! Ah how much you learn when you are a home owner! Post more pics or send some of your house!!