Friday, June 20, 2008

Bi-athalon

Sunday I did a beginner bi-athalon. It was a 2 mile run, 10 mile bike ride, then another 2 mile run. I am not a very good runner, so my goal was just to run the first two, then walk the second two. I did almost did that (I walked for about 1/10 mile) and probably would have been able to run more than that had it not been so hot (100 degrees when I finished!) Although I felt I did alright- I still ended up finishing 2nd to last! It didn't get me down though- I figured I was still way ahead of those who hadn't even gotten out of bed yet!  I'll keep training and maybe I'll do better next time.

Check out this link if you would like to see some pictures of me at the event. 
http://www.backprint.com/go.asp?32766045 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots. And that was a good way to start your summer. Bet you're feeling proud of your achievements.

Anonymous said...

Next time, hide your bike in the weeds at the start and ride the entire 14 miles! I know you can win.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Do you know what I was doing while you were bi-athoning? Sitting at home! hehe! :o)

Anonymous said...

And the winner is....YOU! What an awesome thing to do. What an inspiration you are. Makes me want to go out and climb Pikes Peak.
Love,
Mom

Bryce said...

Congratulations!!!!! I hope you loved it! Its not easy to run after coming off the bike -- and you are SOOOO right - its not about what place you come in - its about doing it -- and even more so, the time and effort you put in to be able to do it!