Thursday, July 31, 2008

Boxwood Bistro

Since I only have to work 3 days a week now, I found myself unsure of what to do with my extra time. Kristin and Sarah both encouraged me to find a new hobby now that I have some time to pursue it. I really enjoy the Food Network (as you all know) and dining out and I have become increasingly interested in food and wine here recently, so I decided that I might try to take a cooking class, or a wine class or something. In searching on the internet, I came across this article about this new restaurant that was opening near the mall where I work. I decided that instead of paying someone to teach me about food and wine, I would apply for a job and get paid to learn the same things! I got hired as a bartender/server and have so far had a wonderful time and learned a lot. I am just hoping that I don't screw anything up! 

Read about the restaurant here:
http://www.williamsonherald.com/home?id=57479

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You can test your new knowledge about wine on Doug. But then again, he could probably teach the restaurant a thing or two!
Mom

Nancy B said...

We have been learning together! We have been trying different kinds at home and seeing if we taste the same things and think the same things the critics do. It has been fun!

Anonymous said...

You and Doug should be restaurant critics. You don't need to know that much about food and drink, just have a zany repartee for the adoring fans. I can hardly wait until you get on National TV!

Dad

Anonymous said...

good for you!!! I love that the restaurant is focusing on local produce--so cool!

Kristin