Saturday, July 05, 2008

Good as new!

Once upon a time there was a wee Macbook that had a broken charger. The Fair Princess took the Macbook to the Grand Palace Mac to purchase a new charger- only to be told by the mean dragon that the charger had broken off in the computer and fixing the problem would  cost upwards of $700 and that purchasing a new computer would be the only option. The Princess was very sad...a new computer was not quite in the budget, but the internet was the only way she was able to communicate out of the dark dungeon of her life, so she felt she had no choice but to succumb to the needs of the tech savvy dragon. Alas, a day passed, and the Princess had a thought "why not check out another computer castle?" Fair Macbook was then taken to another shop where the fine Techno-Knight Jason informed the Princess that a new charger part would cost a mere $25! No new computer was needed! There was great rejoicing throughout the land! Blogging could commence! The Princess and The Macbook lived happily ever after.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such small tribute for such great happiness. A fair trade, indeed, fair Princess.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice fairy tale. I read it to Brandon and it is one of his favorites. :o)

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to go to a Renaissance Fair recently? Did some of their lingo rub off?

Death to the mean dragon at the Grand Palace Mac. May he be cursed for the rest of his life with only a Commodore 110!

DAD

Nancy B said...

No Renaissance Fair, but a story about a broken computer is boring, so I had to jazz it up a bit.

Dean Baird said...

Happy to read that the MacBook is back on its feet. I know I'd have a serious hitch in my giddyup if I were suddenly MacLess.

At the moment I'm nursing a new Mac laptop of my own. It was a long time since the old one was new (long before Macs were running on Intel chips), so I was knocked out by the all the improvements.

May your Oracle of Wisdom (MacBook) continue to serve you well for many seasons!

California Uncle Dean
(100 mi from the Kingdom of Apple)

Bryce said...

I'm sorry - but I can't help myself--did you happen to go back to the dragon, (or perhaps the dragon's keeper), and ask him why he couldn't accurately diagnose your problem, or why he tried to upsell you? Or, at least, show him the fix for the purpose of "educating" him?

Nancy B said...

No, I didn't go back and yell at them- not sure why. I usually live for stuff like that, but I was just so happy to have the computer back and working I forgot about being pissed.