Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Quick to be replaced



I held Sadie on the first day she was born. I have been a pretty constant fixture in her life ever since. I love her very much and I always have a great time playing with her. I can't resist but spoil her and I usually have a present for her when I see her. I remember the firt time she said "I love you Nancy" my heart just melted and I knew I would be a complete sucker for this kid for the rest of my life. Now Patrick, on the other hand, has gotten to spend very little time with her since he left for bootcamp shortly after she was born. The last time he spent a few hours with her she was only about 9 months old. Now 2 1/2 she wouldn't know him if she saw him, but we talk about him all the time, so she knew this Patrick person existed. On Sunday, I had to work for most of the day, so after Patrick took his parents to the airport, he spent the entire day entertaining Sarah and Sadie. By the time I got off of work at 7:00- she would not leave his side and was very verbal that he was her new favorite! 2 1/2 years being the favorite, and he knocks me out in a matter of hours! I can't blame little Sadie though- Patrick is pretty great- He's my favorite too!

No comments: