Tuesday, October 30, 2007

55 years, 300 miles and still goin' strong!


What is far for most people to consider driving in one day, my mom WALKED. Yes, that's right- my mom walked over 300 miles this month in celebration of her 55th birthday. Personally, I like to celebrate my birthday with lots of food and beer, but hey- everyone has their methods right? 300 miles- that is like Nashville to Indianapolis (and through the WHOLE state of Kentucky I might add) or like Pueblo to Sante Fe. Some entire countries aren't even 300 miles wide and my mom WALKED that far- doing even crazy distances like 26 and 35 miles in ONE DAY! Maybe one day I will get to join the 300 mile club too, but until then, I celebrate it's founding and only member-my mom! So here's to you mom- congratulations on your fete of strength and happy birthday. I only hope to be half the woman you are someday!

3 comments:

Hoban Family said...

Happy Birthday Gail! That truly is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sweetie for the nice comments. And will I be doing it again next October...NO!!! I will opt for the food and beer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and wishing many more. You are amazing. I opted for food and tini's..